WE BELIEVE that God did not abandon His rule over the earth which He continues to uphold by His providence. In order to bring redemption, God established covenants which revealed His grace to sinful people. In the covenant with Abraham, God bound Himself to His people Israel, promising to deliver them from bondage to sin and Satan and to bless all the nations through them.
WE BELIEVE that as King, God later redeemed His people by His mighty acts from bondage in Egypt and established His covenant through Moses, revealing His perfect will and our obligation to fulfill it. The law’s purpose is to order our fallen race and to make us conscious of our moral responsibility. By the work of God’s Spirit, it convicts us of our sin and God’s righteous judgment against us and brings us to Christ alone for salvation.
WE BELIEVE that when Israel rejected God’s rule over her as King, God established the monarchy in Israel and made an unconditional covenant with David, promising that his heir would restore God’s kingdom reign over His people as Messiah forever.
- God did not abandon His rule (Psalm 24:1; Psalm 96:10)
- His providence (Isaiah 40:22; Hebrews 1:3)
- God established covenants (Romans 9:4)
- His grace to sinful people (Ephesians 2:12)
- Bless all the nations through His people (Genesis 17:3-8; Genesis 12:2-3; Genesis 15:4-6; Romans 4:3-5; Romans 4:16; Romans 4:20- 25; Galatians 3:6-9; Galatians 3:13-14)
- God redeemed His people (Exodus 15:3-18)
- His perfect will (Exodus 19:3-6; Exodus 24:3-4; Exodus 24:7; Romans 8:3-4; Romans 8:12- 14)
- The law's purpose (Deuteronomy 5:1-3; Deuteronomy 30:15-18; Galatians 3:23-25)
- Our moral responsibility (Psalm 25:8-10; Romans 7:7)
- The work of God's Spirit (John 15:26; John 16:8-11; 2 Corinthians 3:14-17)
- Convicts us of sin (Romans 7:13; Galatians 3:19; Galatians 3:21-22)
- God's righteous judgement (Romans 2:1-11)
- Christ alone for salvation (Galatians 3:24; Philippians 3:8-9)
- Israel rejected God's rule as King (1 Samuel 8:6-8)
- God established the monarchy (1 Samuel 8:21-22; 1 Samuel 9:15-16; 1 Samuel 10:1; 1 Samuel 10:24)
- Unconditional covenant (2 Samuel 7:11b-16; Psalm 89:34-37)
- Messiah forever (Isaiah 9:6-7; Isaiah 11:1-5; Jeremiah 23:5-6; Ezekiel 34:23)